Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Best Buy unveils Rocketfish WirelessHD kit

I once tried to wire a projector up in my living room only to give up when I realized what a huge pain it was going to be to run an HDMI cable from the TV up the wall and across the ceiling. If I was trying the same thing today, I would be able to use wireless connectivity to connect the projector to my DVR like the new Rocketfish WirelessHD Adapter.

The adapter includes a transmitter and a receiver that can send 1080p HD programming at 60 fps up to 10 meters away. That means you can connect TVs and projectors to your DVR or Blu-ray player without needing wires between the two.

The kit includes a pair of HDMI cables and operates in the 60GHz radio band. The device supports Deep Color, 7.1 surround sound, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Audio, and HDMI CEC control. The Rocketfish WirelessHD Adapter retails for $599.99 taking a bit of the cool out of the item for sure.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers